I went to Berlin with Cayley = amazing. Moving. Profound. Shaking. It was remarkable to go through the holocaust museum, and see the bullet holes in buildings, and see the damages from bomb on an old church. The most amazing was seeing the longest part of the Berlin wall having peace murals painted all over... in the aftermath of such injustice and tragedy the city is working to proclaim peace and love for one another. It was a good dose of self reflection- its so easy to not love my neighbor as myself.
I went to Skagen (the northern tip of Denmark where the Baltic Sea & the North Sea meet) with my Singapore friends Van & Deb. I spent most of the day laughing and walking on beaches. Danish weather is ridiculous so sometimes I was bundled in my wool jacket and sometimes I was laying the sand in my bright bra and pants. We saw jellyfish and climbed a huge lighthouse, waded out into the point where the oceans meet and enjoyed each other's company one last time.
I finished my final (oral) exam today. It was not pleasant. I didn't do that well, but whatever. I detest the school system here. I won't go on about that because I could write a book at how much I hate this school. Who cares though, I'm on summer holiday!!!
I'm starting to say goodbye to my friends... I say my goodbye to Kathleen tomorrow. That is going to be the hardest goodbye of all... but luckily she is from Toronto so I will be able to see her again.
Emily arrives in less than a week and I cannot believe the end of this journey is over. Its been so... enlightening. I'm sad that the people I really became close to, I didn't meet until the middle of my exchange-- but those early, difficult months were just as insightful- maybe even more so because that is when I did a lot of really wonderful reflecting.
My heart is going to break a tiny bit tomorrow when I hug my KG the last time until who knows when. Weird.
bridget arrives on the 19th and we start our massive adventure on the 20th: London, Paris, Nice, Venice, Florence, Rome, and Athens! AHhhhh! Its going to be amazing. I miss my bffs... I can't wait to hug them and see their faces. Yay! Plus all those amazing cities--- what a fantastic 20 days... then I'm home, back in Levi's arms, back to the lake, back to my family= my brothers, my cousins, my parents, Webber; back to my cute apartment and my own shower, being barefoot on my floor, normal grocery stores, my CAR (I hope I remember how to drive!), English, the US dollar!, American/English television.
I'm back July 9th and probably won't update until then. I will be massively busy and I don't even know if I'll have internet much while the girls and I are on our trip....
hej hej (See ya later)
No comments:
Post a Comment