How do I sum up the last couple of weeks?
I will start with the nonfun things: I have been working on school stuff a lot. Its weird because I don't think I used my brain for about 4 months and all of a sudden I need to write good papers! Ahhhh! I have one done. And another to start- this next one is on Danish politics. The WORST subject I could imagine. I don't know what to write about. AGH! So I've been going to the local coffee shop, Baresso, and cooping up and doing homework. The other day, one of the girls I live with came with me. She was so shocked that I go there to do school work- its unheard of here. The coffee shop is MUCH louder here than the ones at home. I miss Caribou and Babs so much, they are the BEST- Baresso will do, but its not the same atmosphere.
Good-ness!:
Well, Kathleen and I went to this thing called the sailing races, its a competition between all the universities in town. Anyway, its not what you think. There is a park by the main University that has a pond. There was a band and thousands of students. Anyway, every team had a special entrance where they put on a crazy skit or something. It was pretty extravangant. The actual competition was interesting. Every team had a blow up boat that they paddled across the pond- at the other side they chugged a beer and paddled back. Quite interesting. AND, between races there was some entertainment- one 'entertainment' was strippers! There were 2 topless girls in thongs dancing. Yes, this was in public! And the Mayor was even there! Oh Denmark... such a crazy country.
I went to Legoland in Billund, Denmark. (The danes invented Legos!) So this little theme park thing was directed at little kids, but all of us exchange students had the best time! There was a lego-made replica of all the Scandinavian countries. It was crazy how they made them! It was such a cool place and a really fun day.
The weather is still not that nice... its almost always the 50s and when its 60s the wind is usual making it feel like hte 50s anyway. I hear I'm not missing much of a spring at home though.
I can't believe how soon Emily and bridget get here. Less than a month! And I come home in less than 2. Its so weird. Its all gone so fast. Woah. :)
So I think thats it...
OH
I had a spider in my room today. I wanted to throw up. It was HUGE and I'm NOT being dramatic. It was so disgusting. Usually I have someone else to kill the spiders... or they aren't that enormous. I can't even write about it...!! ah!
Miss & Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment