The sun has been shining and the days have been long. It is so nice. Thank goodness I have my eye covers because the sun rises at 5 am! The whole city is in bloom and if it weren’t for the insane amounts of wind, it would be perfect!
I have 2 more classes until its exam time! I received my first paper topic for my exam. I need to turn it in May 20th, and I have to give a 5 minute oral presentation June 10th. Next week I receive my other paper exam, which will be due the following week. Then May 27th I have an in class written exam. And that is what I will be doing until June 10th.
Not much going on other than exam stuff- I am actually incredibly excited for all this schoolwork! Finally!!
**
Later:
I went out to dinner with the group I was in for my introduction week- it was a lot of fun to see everyone; some are leaving already in May and it feels very weird to think I will probably never see them again. That is very sad.
After dinner I brought orange juice and crackers to kg (that is what I call Kathleen) who is sick with the flu. We watched Legally Blonde then I biked home. It was one of the best nights I’ve had here- I feel so happy tonight. I have a friend. A good, honest, genuine friend- she feels like home. That feeling makes my heart soar.
The bike ride home was rather amazing too… its lovely out tonight, mid 50s and the wind isn’t horrid. Just there. I stopped on the top of the bridge to look at the stars and watch the trains. I love it up there. I think on nice nights I will bike up there and just look up at the sky and out at the city and do my prayers. Its one of those spots you just feel like God can you hear you really clearly. But only at night—its not nearly as peaceful and lovely during the day.
Have I mentioned that there is a lit up cross outside my window?? I noticed it a week or so ago… there is a church in the distance—but anyway, it’s a nice reminder for me. When I look out my window at night its so majestic and clear… reminds me to say a thanks for my many blessings. I’m truly loving Denmark lately.
It feels good to say that and mean it. I mean I miss home, I miss Levi, bridge , my family and so many other people and things- but I’m really enjoying my days here far more than before. Denmark in the winter months is terribly miserable… seeing the sun on a regular basis is the best thing that has happened.
And I must credit my yoga—I’ve been doing it quite regularly & I need to just say that it has been profound for my spirit. It calms me, makes me feel like I accomplished something, and gives me happy-chemicals. Its amazingly spiritual too- I love to pray while in the meditation poses and I’m so much more focused too.
God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment