I am on my flight to Norway to meet my parents. Its beautiful out and I saw the lovely green country side of Denmark from my window… then the endless ocean below me. For the first time maybe, I am genuinely whole heartedly overjoyed to be abroad. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else at this moment.
Landed in Oslo- my bag was not here. ☹ The lady said maybe it went straight through to Bergen. Oh I hope hope hope hope so. Also, my flight is delayed. Thankfully I was going to get there an hour before mom and dad, now I will get there like 10 minutes before them.
--
Made it to Bergen. No bag. Wtf.
Mom and dad’s flight is delayed so I am just waiting. And trying desperately to hold on to that joy that I experience on the flight to Oslo…. Before all this baggage mess happened….
Princess Diaries makes me feel better ☺
***
Next day:
Being with my parents is so incredibly amazing. I couldn’t even be too upset about my luggage because I was just so very happy to be with them. I cried as soon as I saw them and it was wonderful. We got into the city and settled in, then went for a big meal by the water. Nice. We came back and went to bed kind of early because they were jetlagged.
Next day (Day 2) we took a cable car up a mountain and saw an incredible view of Bergen. It was just stunning. We hiked back down and my things got a fabulous workout! We spent the rest of the day tooling around town. It was nice. I looked in every freaking bakery in town and I never found Kringla OR lefsa! WHAT!??! I am sooo upset about that. I mean, I am in Norway and I want Norwegian sweets, where are they!? AHh! I will definitely eat my body weight in kringla once I find it. And lefsa. Yeee :D
My bag arrived in the afternoon and I shouted for joy. I am so relieved. Whew. The hotel had free waffles until 7, so we did that for supper and tonight we’re going to watch a movie on my computer. I love being with my parents. I can’t even say how I happy I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment