The rest of Norway was excellent.
We arrived in Aarhus and spent the night at a friends apartment (she was away for Easter). It was so nice cooking together and eating as a family at a normal supper table. We woke up and had a nice Easter breakfast of cereal and muffins. Dad left around noon that day, but it wasn't too hard to say goodbye since I still had mom.
On Easter Monday mom and I cooked the yummy chicken hot dish that everyone loves, for my floor. It was a hit! We ate about 16 servings between 9 people. Nice. We also made apple crisp which everyone absolutely loved. It was so fun to have everyone meet her and to have her see where I live. The next day we shopped and made chocolate chip cookie dough. That was interesting! We didn't know how to use the measuring things here so we kind of guessed-- plus the brown sugar is sort of thick and gooey. Anyway, when we were done, it was really heavy... mom thought they would be rock hard... BUT they were completely delicious and my floormates were able to have their first home baked chocolate chip cookie! (They don't have chocolate chips here) And we have plenty of leftover cookie dough for me to have desert for weeks. :) Mmmm.
Saying good bye to mom was exceptionally hard. Theres nothing like the comfort of a mother. I felt kind of like I was in a movie when I had to leave the bus stop where she left for the airport. I had to walk back to my kollegium (dorm) and I was crying the entire time and it was raining pretty good on me. Very theatrical. :) But, it was the most amazing thing spending Easter with them. Some of my friends parents are coming over the next week and I am so happy for them because I know how wonderful it is to be able to have that relief if you're homesick.
I got my exam schedule finally! Although all the danes are warning me its subject to change so I shouldn't get too excited-- anyway, I'm done June 9th. Just in time for Em and bridge to come!
I went out with my friend Kathleen and some others last night to the school bar. It was a lot of fun. And it was convenient because I just biked home! I love my bike.
Tonight there is a party in my building so I will be busy again. Tomorrow though, I will do nothing. :) Well, I have to figure out my NDSU schedule and do some readings. But I will be staying put in my room having an evening to myself for the first time since before my parents came.
ps: Its still chilly here: 40s and low 50s mostly- but there have been a few sunny days & everything is in bloom. Its becoming a very pretty city. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment