Monday, March 9, 2009

Copenhagen & then some

Hmm. Summing this up:
I went to Copenhagen last weekend to meet up with my friend Michael (the Australian living in London). (Even though I literally ran to the station, I missed my train, so trying to stop myself from crying on the platform I wrote down all my funniest memories-- made me miss my bridget pretty badly.) It was such a lovely weekend other than fact I was rotten sick. I had a horrible cold that gave me the sweats, and I was practically coughing up my intestines. Luckily Michael is a really mellow guy and we took it easy the entire weekend. We toured during the day (one day I had to go back and sleep- I was not doing well). But we saw the castle, some nice churches, the famous Little (and I mean little) Mermaid statue on the coast. We also toured the Carlsberg Beer Brewery & Museum. Its a shame I don't enjoy beer because we got free beer at the end. It was interesting though- I think that stuff like that is interesting. Plus its especially cool to see things that are unique and special to an area and Carlsberg is a really big deal here. But my favorite stop was this lovely huge dome church. It was positively radiant... and I stayed for awhile to pray- and oh that felt so good.
We came back to Aarhus on Saturday night. We just chilled and watched a movie. Sunday we walked around the city and saw some churches and the shopping district. Then we went to Stine's for brunch where we visited for a couple of hours. It was a nice weekend all in all.
I have been uber busy running errands and doing homework since Michael left and its only going to get crazier. But I don't care. I am a little bit desperate for some alone time, but when I think of my coming days I quit caring...

Levi will be here on Thursday and that is all I can seem to think about. I have never been so excited in my entire life. Its going to be amaaaaazing!! We're going to London and Paris while he's here, but the thing I am most excited about is just hanging out with him. So the odds are good I won't blog too much because I will be busy hanging out with my boyfriend who is cooommming to see me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. Back to massive amounts of homework. And chugging water.

No comments: