Thursday, March 26, 2009

Proud to be a North Dakotan

I have been following the news all week and several times have been moved to tears (I know, I am a Lovas) by how amazing Fargo is coming together. I am particularly proud of my university and especially my hard working friends who have spent endless hours sandbagging. Some have been working ALL their spare time relentlessly. I admire them so much because even though some of them have bodies that feel broken, and emotionally exhausted because they are personally affected deeply by the flooding, they are out there suffering to help out others.

I wish with every bone in my body that I could help out. Its hard to be away at a time like this... and it makes me miss the feel of a community. I am so happy to come from a state like North Dakota. I have been unable to find service opportunities here, there are a few of us who have been searching for a way to 'give back' and do something with actually benefit to others. That kind of thing creates such a unity that I miss very much.

Its been 30s all week and 20s with the windchill. I am feeling too wimpy to take my bike on the 30 minute ride to school yet.

I got hang out with my favorite Singaporeans, Deborah and Vanessa again today. I want to go to Singapore someday because they are the coolest people ever and it must be a cool country because of that. I laugh so hard and smile so big when I am with them. Its great.

But I am going to Amsterdam this weekend on a bus with 40 other exchange students and I am SO excited!! I think it will be so fun to hang out with all those people on the 10 hour trip, plus a cool city to see and SHOP in :) It will be a very awesome weekend I predict.

Keep up the awesomeness North Dakota!! I love you!

No comments: