Sunday, March 22, 2009

Levi!!!

Hmm- I have no idea how to sum up the last 10 days. They were the best of my life and we were so busy. I had to say good bye to Levi this morning and it truly broke my heart to let go of him again- but what a blessing it was to have him with me for this time. He brought me such joy and happiness.
The day after he arrived we headed for our 5 day spree to London/Paris. We started in London, went to Paris for a couple days and back to London to come home. (We took the Eurostar which travels under the chunnel back and forth.) What I think I will do is try to tell some of our best memories from each city. . .
starting with London
We stayed at the CUTEST hostel ever, it was an old mansion with velvet benches and beautiful banisters. It was in a cute part of town close to the tube so we were able to get around pretty easily. Levi especially loved London, he thought it was really comfortable and nice. It definately was the easiest place to be in. We even had great weather. Half of one day was cloudy but other than that it was sunny skies the entire trip! What good luck.
Levi especially loved Picadilly Circus- every busy area with a lot of digital signs and heavy traffic were his favorite. It cracked me up how many pictures of streets he took! For those small towners of you-- the thing that Picadilly lacked was some awesome Cenex Picadilly Pizza. :)
The only place we really toured the inside of was Westminster Abbey- we were able to be there for part of a service. I was so moved to finally hear a worship service. We stayed so that I could say the Lords Prayer... its kind of funny but it made me cry. I have never been so deprived of worship and I have never needed it so much either so it was overwhelming to hear a crowd say it.
We happened to be in town for St. Patrick's Day so we went so a couple cool pubs. (The Irish pubs were impossible to get into however.) We ate fish and chips both nights we were there- and it was delicious. Mmmmm. Those were some of my favorite meals.
We went up in the London Eye on our final night and saw the city from above. It was really cool but it kind of creeped me out because it was pretty much a ferris wheel over water! Ok, the things were totally closed off, but the mechanics of it all weirded me out. But of course not Levi because he totally gets that kind of thing.

now for Paris
Paris was sooo busy for us. We arrived to town and found our hotel thanks to Google Earth. (Levi looked up on Google Earth where our hotel was a couple weeks ago- and that program shows the streets and buildings so he was able to easily navigate thanks to that!) Technology is crazy.
I accidently forgot to bring our toothpaste so we had to buy some in Paris. Which did not go well. We went into a pharmacy (the only general store we could find) and I found the cheapest kind and then Levi said "Thats black licorice flavored... it says anis on it." I didn't realize he was talking about the one I was holding so I ignored him and bought it. And then I freaked out when I used it that night. And he thought I was just a dumb girl who doesn't listen. :) haha.
We saw so much that it would be impossible to keep you interested in this blog and write about it all.
The best was the Eiffel Tower at night. It sparkles for 10 minutes every hour and its so amazing to look at. And so romantic. What a perfect trip for us. If you have looked at any of our pictures, sorry for all the kissing.. :) but its the Eiffel Tower! And my amazing boyfriend- - I couldn't resist!!
The weirdest part of town is up by the Moulin Rouge. Creepy sex stores everywhere!! We didn't stay on that street long because it was soooo sketchy and a little bit scary. So uncomfortable. We went up to the Sacre Coeur, a lovely basiliica on the edge of town way up on a hill. We got a great view of the city from the daylight. It was so nice.
Meals were interesting in Paris. Lunches consisted of us buying food from street vendors that looked really authentic. Levi had some delicious tuna pizza (weird but so good) and I had an odd hotdog thing - but we shared most food so we could taste lots of stuff. We had a banana/nutella crepe that was awesome! And suppers were the funniest. Our first night he got some yummy fish thing and I had a beef dish & we had the most glorious chocolate cake for desert. I am going to take Em when we go and she is going to die or spend all her money eating a million pieces. One night we went to a really fancy/pretty expensive place. It was sooo much fun, but our waitor didn't speak English so it was hilarious trying to figure out what we were getting. I almost ordered raw beef (they serve it a lot cold and uncooked! how is that legal!?) and Levi almost got liver when he wanted duck. But he eventually got his duck, and I had chicken. It was so much fun.
We spent a morning in the Louvre which was incredible. We also went up the Arc de Triomphe... wow, so many winding stairs- but well worth the amazing view of the city.
We devoted an entire afternoon to the Champs de Elysees. We went into the Louis Vuitton store but obviously made no purchases. :) Levi again was just mesmerized by the streets.

back to Denmark: Aarhus & Copenhagen
We got back to Denmark in the morning and spent most of the day haning out in my room. This was when it started to get difficult for me. I knew the end of the trip was coming and the thought of it made me cry at least once a day. We walked around the city center one day and went shopping. We found Levi some cool stuff and bought it, its very European but still his style. Then we walked around the beach and Levi went and waded in the ocean. Brr!! But, he was so lucky because the weather is just remarkable here. So unlike what I have been used to!!
One night was floor dinner and it was so much fun to have him there and let everyone get to know him and visit him. It also made me feel like it was an opportunity for everyone to know me better because they were able to meet one of the most important people in my life. He fit right in and it made me want him to stay even more...
We went out for drinks one night with Andrea and Kathleen. They had just got back from Ireland and were as exhausted as we were so we didn't stay out for more than an hour. But it was nice for him to meet them, and especially for them to meet the man in my life.
Copenhagen was cold and windy (normal Danish weather). But we went to see the Little Mermaid and walked around the shopping district... which he again thought was awesome... then we called it an early night after burgers at an "American Diner" that was decorated like a safari and had the interior design/set up of a pub. But still, it was good.

All in all- Levi being here was the most amazing thing in the world. I was the happiest I've been in a long time. It felt so good to be with him after this long... I am so thankful he came and that he is such a wonderful friend to me. The only downfall to his visit is that I feel a new sense of emptiness now that he is gone. Good byes hurt so very much...
But I have an insane amount of school work to catch up on - - then I am off to Amsterdam this weekend - - then its Easter with my parents - - and I will be working towards planning my trip with Em and bridge in between all things. . . I am thankful to be busy.
I barely spent more than 10 minutes alone in the last 10 days and I loved every single second of it. I was never sick of him, I could hardly get enough of him even.... uff da. :)

No comments: