Saturday, February 7, 2009

I decided that I want to have a “green thumb”.  Flowers and plants are a big thing here in Denmark.  You can get plants on basically any street and even in the grocery store.  I had a bamboo plant (I think) and some flowers Stine gave me… but they both died. I was bummed but didn’t care that much.  Until the last few days I started to really notice how dreary and depressing it is for me to look anywhere.  My walls thankfully have several pictures of friends and family, but they are still mostly bare and white.  And outside isn’t exactly pretty.  Its always a variation of some white-ish color.  Usually gray.  So I decided I am going to become a plant person.  I bought a pot and a chrysanthemum today at the grocery store.  I googled how to care for it.  And I reeeally hope I don’t kill it.  I want to come back being able to care for plants like a true Dane. 

In other news- I went shopping today.  I was a penny pincher so I am not feeling too guilty.  (But I did get an amazingly cool shirt.)

Its been a busy week out and about and I am excited that the next few days are going to be easy going and mostly consisting of homework.  Ok, the homework part does not excite me.  But the mellow, staying in part does. 

Plus, I visited with my favorite floor mate tonight over a bowl of yogurt and granola.  I happen to live only a few doors away from one of the greatest people I have ever met- I still don't her all that well, but every time we talk I like her even more.  I am really looking forward to becoming better friends as time goes on.  I can’t wait for people to get here and meet her. 

1 comment:

Anni Lizzi said...

This post was great!
I'm so happy things seem to be going well for you!!!
Happy gardening!