Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kan du tale dansk? No I can't speak Danish.

I started my danish course tonight and it was a whirlwind.  Instead of starting with basic stuff like numbers, or the alphabet or food or something... our teacher started constructing sentences and we had to start right off with saying things like "She is sitting on a chair."  "There is an apple on the chair beside the table."  DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS!?  I had no idea what was going on... but of course the European people from this part of the world all caught on quickly... I could barely keep up... Not to mention our instructor only used English like 4 times in 2 and a half hours.  He just kept speaking in Danish and using pictures to explain words.  ugh.  My dane friends will have to help me with a lot of my homework.  
I rode in a car today.  A teeny awesome German car... and it felt so good.  I haven't ridden in a car in weeks.  
I ate tuna in my rye bread sandwich today and it was pretty good.  I wish I had pickles to add to it. Oh well- what matters is that I didn't gag on the sandwich.  Score!!  
I have quite a lot to read for tomorrow.  In one class I have over 300 pages to read every week. And people have been telling me that you HAVE to read here.  My friend Andrea and I both are having a hard time doing that because in the US, we cover so much in class that reading that much would never be necessary.  gross.   
peace out.  

1 comment:

Anni Lizzi said...

hahaha.
I laughed aloud when you typed, "DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS?"
You're great.
You're going to do great!
You'll come back to America and have forgotten English and we'll have to learn Danish to converse with you.... well, I hope not, BUT I do hope you'll conquer Danish.