Wednesday, February 4, 2009

sex appeal at school :)

The student body at my school puts out a magazine occasionally, and the cover was "Sex appeal".  I laughed as I read the articles.  It was about sex appeal in every aspect of life: interviews, exams, hanging out, attracting partners, etc.  It was so strange, but very interesting because somewhere in all this it said something about my school being known for 'looking good', everyone always looks very nicely put together.  Its true- I haven't seen anyone in a hoody or sweatpants at school yet.  I miss NDSU where people never dressed up and just came to school as they were.  I for one don't look very put together most days- sometimes my hair looks a little wild when the really short burnt pieces are sticking out and I have major bed-head.  {The positive thing about those supershort burnt hairs is that it makes my hair look like it has a lot of body. haha!!}....  Plus, I simply don't have the energy to look nice all the time (or the utensils such as a hair crimper/curler!!) .  I have heard that Danish people always want to come across looking like they didn't work very hard to look really good.  I loooove trying to understand cultural differences like this.
I got a package from mom today.  I was holding in tears the whole walk from the post office to my room.  I was just so happy.  It felt to so wonderful and strange to know that a week or so ago, the package I was carrying was held by my mom.  Such small things are overwhelmingly big to me lately.  I have eaten practically half the oreos already :D  mmmm!!  
I am almost out of food now... :(  BUT, my next meal of choice is going to be yummy veggie omelets... easy, nutritious, and not spaghetti!  
xoxo 

No comments: