The anxiety is beginning to set in regarding when I will be finished here. Here is the deal here in Denmark. Classes finish up in mid May, HOWEVER, then the exam period begins which lasts until June 30th. And they don't tell you when your exams will be until March/April. Its so frustrating. And Sisse ran into this problem last year when she flew to North Dakota for Michaela's (an NDSU friend) wedding. The teacher said the exam would probably be be in a certain time frame, so she booked her ticket to the US... but the exam time was changed just before and she had to miss it. Its honestly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.
Today I biked to the school. Its tough :) But I will be such a fit little lady in a matter of weeks. I'm relieved because it will help expense not taking the bus every day. I will probably take the bust on days that its raining and I don't want to do the 20+ minutes (one way) trip on my bike. Hopefully that won't be too many days over these next 2 months when its still very chilly out. The weather is MUCH better without the fierce winds and the rain that I experienced my first week. Its still very chilly/cold, but when the wind isn't bad its tolerable.
I've been making such weird meals. Here is all I have made myself : yogurt + granola = my favorite thing ever here. Supper- noodles with this weird cheese sauce. boiled potatoes with the weird cheese sauce. It sucks. But this Friday dinner club starts so I will get some REAL food. YAY!! I used to hate sandwiches but thats because I could make lots of other things. Today, I buy bread and begin making sandwiches. I can't wait- the thought of a sandwich makes my mouth water. It will actually have flavor! Oh, and I have some peanuts and fruit in the morning. And carrots with supper.
A bag of gummy bears is like $4-5 for a small bag. So I haven't had much sweets :( Its really not fun. But hopefully mom will send some soon. And Levi has a growing list of things he needs to bring me when he comes in March (I can't wait!!!).
I start class tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous. I don't have the book yet, and we were supposed to read. But oh well. I will use Saturday for school work. Friday night is dinner club and a Mexican themed party at the bar in my dorm (yeah, they have bars everywhere), and then Sunday is the Superbowl so I will be busy, which is good because its fun, but I'm really overwhelmed about school. They don't tell you anything at all. Assignments are not preplanned- we don't get a syllabus. You have to check online every day to see what the readings are and if there is a project or paper to start. AHH!
- anyway, I'm missing you all. Bad. But this is going to be a great experience. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment