She took me to my dorm, it is downtown & I have my own fairly big room. I live with about 20 other people. Its set up very much like a dorm, there is a bathroom at the end of the hallway- I haven't showered there yet. I am really nervous. haaahaa. I don't really know how it works... There is a community kitchen that has pots, pans, dishes, stove, tea kettle, etc. And we all have a bit of space in the fridge and freezer. I have met a few people that live on my floor... all guys so far but I know there are girls somewhere on the floor. Everyone has been friendly and their English is pretty good. So thats a relief.
Stine and I went and got me a cell phone activated. I am using her old one and it works great. So far I have 2 contacts- her & her boyfriend Jeppe. Jeppe has been awesome as well. Stine and I searched all over town today for an adapter that works for my computer (the adapter I have says not to use for large devices such as comps, tvs, vcrs etc. BUT, Jeppe found me something online that will work.)
We went to the grocery store and got me lots of food. I almost bought coconut flakes because I thought it was rice- I can't wait till I can read a little bit of Danish.
Stine has been teaching me a little bit about the bus systems- its so confusing! It was be much easier if I could read any of the information.
However, I am still crying pretty often, and much harder than I've cried in years. And there is a certain boy that I can't stop missing.
I have been listening to a Neil Young song called "Love in Mind" that is very fitting for my little adventure.
xx
1 comment:
I am so glad that you made it safe and I hope that you start to feel better about things. You continue to be in my prayers every day! :D
love,
Ash
Post a Comment