Last night I met with other international students at a pub downtown. There was about 15 of us so it was really great to get to know people even better. There are some really cool people in my group. And sooo interesting.. I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know these people. We then went to the club/bar (but they call it a disco) at around 10. And they had FREE beer from 11-12. Which was nice because beer is like 35 kroners (DKK) here which is about $7 for just a bottle. It was a fun night because we had spent the last 4 days getting to know each other better and we finally were having conversations other than "where are you from, what do you study, what is your favorite hobby". It felt nice to get a little more personal. I went home about 2 am. Clubs close at 4 am on weekends- some do at least- but I don't have that kind of energy. I walked home by myself for 45 minutes, in the rain. I won't be doing that again, it probably wasn't a very good idea.
Today Stine & I went shopping. I got a hat, gloves and scarf... so I think I will be much warmer now. Especially when I start biking to school.
Then, we cut my hair. Its actually not that short... she managed to save a lot, but there are chunks underneath that are missing. But luckily, you can't see it unless you're looking. I'm laughing about today thankfully. What a weird thing to happen. But I like my new haircut. So its ok. :) Again, Stine saved the day.
Tonight I watched some handball on TV again with all the guys from my floor. Its really funny how boys are the same all over the world. They were yelling and freaking out in Danish. It was great. Sadly Denmark lost but are not out of the World Cup tournament.
I'm crying less and less and its really nice. The nights still get hard but I've been getting busier, which I am so thankful for.
xoxo
1 comment:
Jamie- I think it's super brave of you to travel to a foreign country on your own! It seems challenging for sure but you're one of those people who can make friends even in the most dire situations. I think you might find it difficult to leave Denmark at the end of your stay. I just thought I'd say 'hey' and I hope you're well!
Tomi
Post a Comment