On Tuesday night I met the sweetest Danish girl and her kindness literally made me cry. I haven't been able to use my computer too much because I didn't have the proper cord until yesterday. And one night I knocked on this girls door to ask if I could send an e-mail from her computer (I was gonna e-mail mom & Levi to tell them to call me from skype... speaking of, get skype if you can!!) anyway, she was going to bed so she offered to let me use her computer for the night. It was so kind of her. I'm still very homesick so I really appreciated her just giving it to me for the night. It was amazing.
The international students bowled last night, and I ROCKED. I bowled a 9 or better almost every frame. There were 3 frames that I only had like 7 or 8 or something. It was fun. The days are enjoyable- but nights are kind of hard when the loneliness hits me.
Its super freezing here. All I think about is how I pack like an IDIOT. I have so many warmer clothes back home... my huge scarf that Megan knit me is the thing I miss most. I packed for fall or spring weather. Its winter. Its very very cold and I need to buy warmer stuff because I am going to start biking to school next week which is about a 20-30 minute bike ride. Its going to be cold but the bus gets pretty pricey.
Its been almost funny lately how my devotions have been the exact things I need because of what I am going through over here.
My verse on Monday was Revelation 3:5, "See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut." which is the case. Sometimes I am so sad that I regret coming here but I realize that God has something he intends to do with me while I am over here... and I think I am hearing his direction a little easier every day.
Its funny because I am feeling that Europeans are not the kind of Christians as we are in the States. Most do not have any kind of faith and that can be lonely sometimes. Emily has been e-mailing really encouraging verses for me. Even though I feel like I am the only christian around I am finding that I am only getting closer to God because I'm finally forced to rely solely on him. Its good for me.
Tonight we're going out to eat then heading to a bar... which is in the basement of my school. :D Haha. At least its at a place I'm familiar with so I know how to get home very easily. However the last bus leaves the school at 11:46 and its about a 40 minute walk (and its like 20-30 F at night) so I might turn in early because I am NOT walking and cabs are insane expensive here. Well I think cabs anywhere aren't cheap.
I took some pictures of the city... and I will load them up as soon as I figure out how to on my page.
xoxo
JP
No comments:
Post a Comment