Thursday, January 29, 2009

i love my friends

Tonight I got a perfect little package in the mail... and my heart SOARED.  I ripped it open in the living room but I didn't dare read any of it because I didn't want to cry in front of anyone. So I quickly ate my spaghetti (again) and ran to my room.  It was awesome... bridget sent it but it was filled with letters from most of "the fam" aka my group of friends.  (Thank you Brady, Levi, Em, Tracey & Zac!  Everything was sooooo wonderful!!)  There was also a bag of sour patch kids, one of my favorite candies, and it took me approximately 6 minutes to eat the whole bag. I honestly could not slow down, they were so good!  It was so awesome.
Today was really boring.  I couldn't ride my bike this morning because it was still dark out when class started and I stiiilll haven't purchase lights for my bike.  But I was happy to take the bus-- it was super cold this morning.  I tried to explain the temperature in North Dakota to the guys on my floor (I have been learning to convert Fahrenheit & Celsius) so I was telling them that it often hits -40 F, which is around -70 C.  They didn't believe me!!  It really doesn't seem very livable to people, its hard to comprehend such a low temperature!  I am sorry that its so cold over there.  But don't worry I am not living it up in warm weather or something.  Its pretty miserable here in that sense.  No sun, always wet, and I never seem to warm up unless I snuggle into my covers for a really long time.     
I took a nap after class and that felt awesome.  I love naps.  I spent the majority of the day reading my text book.  We get assigned so much and I am paranoid because I don't know how things work here.  So I have a feeling I am going to be consumed with homework in my free time.    
I ate a rye bread sandwich today.  Gross.  But a little less gross compared to yesterday.  I put extra meat on it, and I had granola every other bite.  I WILL start to like it.     

No comments: