Yesterday I met with Sisse, a girl who studied in ND a few years ago. It was wonderful visiting with her. Its funny how great it is to talk about Fargo with people. I love it. I just want to talk about the buildings on campus, and the stores and bars... its so homey for others to be familiar with back home.
Last night I went to a Chinese New Years party hosted by the coolest girls ever- they're from Singapore and they're hilarious. I tried lots of Chinese food that they cooked and it actually really good! The traditional desert was the best- pineapple tart. YUMMM!!! They told all us all about Chinese New Year customs and their own traditions within their family. It was really cool to learn about. After dinner we played a trivia game and I won!! Whooo! I left a bit early because I DO NOT like walking around these streets alone at night. It scares me so I have a goal of always being back into my room by 11:30 unless I have someone to walk with me. I'm told the streets clear out by midnight but until then its pretty busy so its fairly safe.
I walked around town today with 2 Belgians and a French girl. It was a nice day thankfully. I even rode my bike to the city square! (Only like 10 minutes) But still. It was soooo refreshing biking. I can't wait until I get lights so I can ride at night- that is on tomorrow's to do list.
Tonight is the birthday party of an Austrian friend I made. We are going to some bar in town- don't know where yet.
I'm actually not feeling very well this afternoon. Which really bums me out because tons of the others were sick this weekend, but I figured I wasn't because I really didn't party much this week. However, I am worried that I am next on the flu/cold hit-list. Ughh. I think I won't stay out too late, I would HATE to be sick for my first week of class. I have so much to do before Wednesday when I begin my first class.
Ok. For those of you have been e-mailing me/facebooking me... thank you! Keep them coming. I love hearing from everyone back home. Its a little tough at times to not really have any deep/meaningful conversations since I don't really know anyone all that well.
*Hugs.
1 comment:
That's some great initiative! :)
I'll try and read you regularly.
(That's Victor, the second winner, I mean, one of the losers for the Chinese Trivia! :) )
Post a Comment