So I plugged my waver in to do my hair before supper. I have to use a converter for it and before I knew it I could smell burnt hair. I looked at my hair and a huge chunk literally just fell off. I immediately went into shock and ran to the sink- I went to shower to get out the stench and clean up, and quite a lot more came out in the shower... then more in my comb after my shower. I sobbed and sobbed and I couldn't calm down so I skipped last nights activities. Can you even believe that I BURNT MY HAIR OFF!?!?!!! It has something to do with the voltage difference... my little waver overheated because it couldn't handle all the volts going through it and I didn't notice until it was too late. Stine is going to see if she can cut it this weekend. Some will just have to grow out... but I am just going to have to live with that. Its gross and I am still a little horrified by it. Luckily its mostly the bottom layers so the cut really should help out a lot.
God is reeeeeally pushing me here... but I am trying to keep a positive attitude because that is all I can do to try be happy. And worse things have happened I suppose. And it will make a really funny story... this is how my friend Arianne put it : "Years from now as we sit in our home office that smells of rich mahogany and has many leather bound books, we will be smoking our pipes and I'll say, tell the story again of your first few days in Denmark, the one where you burnt your hair off." Someday it will be really funny. Not yet though, maybe after tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment