Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dinner Club & Mexican Partyyy!

Last night, was the most fun I've had since I got here.
I had my first night of dinner club at 7:30.  Two of the guys made fajitas/wraps... NOTHING has ever tasted so good. Ever.  After 2 weeks of potatoes, noodles, cheese sauce and tomato sauce and yogurt and granola--- this was so freaking awesome.  Indescribable.  I am going to start making veggie omelets.  Mmmmm!!
They all thought I looked so nice and I felt good about that, and then I realized that last night was the FIRST time over half of the people had seen me in anything but sweatpants.  They didn't care.  They thought it was funny.  
I helped cut cucumbers and it gave me a great opportunity to visit with people.  They were so fun to get to know.  It was mainly the boys in the kitchen for me to visit with, but I have a good feeling we will all be really great friends by the time I leave.  We (about 12 people from my floor) sat and visited until 11:00 pm, we played some cards and drank and it was really fun.  We finally went downstairs to the bar and there were a lot of people- some of them where my international friends that I made at orientation.  
Martin- a guy on my floor is a very good dancer- he swing dances!  So we danced quite a bit and he was impressed... I felt verrry cool.  Thank you mom and dad for being dancers and Nate for making me go to class :)  
It was fun visiting and just being social.  I had a great time.  I even lasted until 4 am.  I rule.  But by then I had zero energy left... they can party so long here.  I hung out all day- reading homework, my Twilight book, and tonight I think I am just going to chill in my room and watch a movie on my computer.  It should be nice. 
I'm feeling good about life right now.  Its nice.  

No comments: